We are running this programme for people with an addictive lifestyle who have reached the point in their journey where they are ready to commit to rebuilding their lives.
- Equip people to live a new life
- Enable people with addictions to be set free from addictive lifestyles , gain employment and be restored to their families.
The programme is
- Happens daily, five days per week
- Involves recovery and therapeutic intervention
- Works along side the Elijah Project that runs every Wednesday evening
Benefits of a day recovery programme:
- Daily life issues can be confronted and worked through as they arise in a safe environment
- It’s possible to work with the service-user’s family and enable them to build a strong, effective local support network which is essential for sustained recovery
Identifying the Need
We have run a soup run into the City of Southampton for 27 years and run a drop-in day centre for 13 years. Through getting to know the homeless, lonely and marginalised people who used our services we have identified that a high proportion of them have addiction issues and/or mental health problems, some will have become homeless through their addiction, relationship break down or loss of a job. Provision of Mental Health services within the city has been severely reduced in recent years so the need for support is even greater.